Monday, January 09, 2017

The PTSD Sucks Meme Is Great, but it also has "that Guilt Trippy Phrase"

The "PSTD Sucks, Who's got My six" meme is a great meme except why would you think only two percent of our friends will respond to it. That is actually the kind of language that will make people not want to share this. This meme really does not need a guilt trip message. I would recommend editing that part out as many of us have done. Think about what that line is actually saying and you will understand my point. You're pretty much assuming that most of your friends won't share this I have never understood why the writers of these memes insist on ruining a great message with the "no one reads my post" or "most of my friends won't share this" type lines. They serve no purpose except to turn people off making them less likely to share the info. I wish people would read this stuff and think about how the wording sounds to the reader and edit this stuff out. Takes a matter of minutes. And the writers of this stuff really should know that guilt tripping or putting people down is not a way to get their message across.

Thankfully many of us have decided to edit that nasty part out and make it a meme worth sharing. We hope others do the same.

No comments: