Thursday, April 20, 2017

So Today Is Ask an Atheist Day, Here Is How To Respond To The Silly Questions Christians Ask

I don't know who the author of this piece is, I copied it from a friend on Facebook and these are some great responses when a Christian asks we Atheists dumb questions.

Apparently, it's Ask An Atheist Day.
I'll save you the bother.
Yes, I've considered that I could be wrong, but I'd have to see evidence to move me in that direction.
No, I'm not afraid of hell.
No, I'm not mad at any gods, because I don't believe any exist.
Yes, I have a moral compass.
Yes, I believe some moral values are absolute and that there is a sound basis for them without religion.
No, atheism isn't a religion.
Yes, I'm capable of love.
No, I don't need you to pray for me.
No, I don't want a pamphlet. 
No, I'm not an atheist because church members were mean or my church didn't serve coffee or because of churches actively provoking discrimination against me and people I love.
I'm an atheist because I don't believe there is any rational evidence for any of the named gods, and that there is rational evidence against some of them, including the one I was raised on.
No, you can't change my mind, unless you have evidence.
No, 'I feel it' isn't sufficient evidence.
If you've wondered anything these don't answer, hey, fire away.

No comments: