Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Annoying Facebook Post Rant. Most People Don't Care If You're Religious, They Care If you're A Good Person Who Treats Others With Respect

Once in a while on my news feed, I'll see a friend post about how proud they are to be a Christian and if someone is offended then that is too bad. This is always posted by one of my conservative friends. I wonder if the people who post this realize that most people don't care what religion they practice. To most of us, it does not matter if you worship cats as long as you are a decent person. What most people care about is do you treat others with respect and not judge others based on their race, color, creed, sexual orientation. Or are you a homophobic prick who uses your religion to justify discriminating against others. Instead of bragging about how "proud you are to be a Christian," how about being a decent person. That is what people will remember and decide what kind of person they think you are and if they want to associate with you. Not that you go to church every Sunday. Trust me, I have known many people who claimed they were "good Christians" and go to church every Sunday and they are some of the most judgmental people I have ever met. When I see someone brag about that on Facebook it makes me wonder how decent of a person they really are if they feel the need to point this out. People are going to remember how you treat others, not what religion you practice. Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than standing inside a garage makes you a truck. To most people, what religion you are is not a big deal, the important thing to most of us is how you treat others.

No comments: