Tuesday, May 03, 2016

How these "Bathroom Laws" Affect Children with Special Needs

One of the many issues with these so called "bathroom Laws" is they discriminate against children with special needs.  These laws do contain an exemption if you are a care giver but they do not allow lets say a parent with a special needs child over seven years old to accompany an opposite sex parent in to the bathroom if the parent has to use the restroom but the child cannot be left unsupervised and wait outside.  I was thinking about this the other night at work as I saw a parent wheel a child in a wheel chair in the the restroom for this very reason.  I had to use the restroom myself at work and noticed this was what was going on and wondered how this would work in these states that have "bathroom laws" turns out my fear was justified.  Here is an article that talks about this very thing.

Full article here.

No comments: