Wednesday, September 04, 2013

From my friend Steph at the Moral Outrage Blog, "FYI: If You're Blogging About How Other People Should Portray Themselves on Social Media

There is an article going around on social media about how girls should portray themselves on Facebook, you've probably seen it.  My friend Steph who does the "Moral Outrage" blog has a great response and I'd like to share her blog post with you.  

"From the Article," This article about how girls should handle themselves on social media has been going around, and I read a response to it this morning- actually, before I read the actual article- that had some good thoughts, but I wanted to try to put my own thoughts and words down about it.

First of all, it's mildly weird and creepy that you, lady, and your husband, are going through facebook photos of people you aren't facebook friends with. When the photos are public, we refer to that as as 'creeping' or 'photo stalking'. And it's something people do but it's a little weird. If you're doing it by logging into someone else's account or looking over their shoulder, and they are photos you normally wouldn't be able to see due to privacy settings, it's even creepier"

For Steph's full article click here . 

No comments: