Sunday, November 11, 2012

One of the dumbest comments I've heard about our choice to be Child Free

Posted by Zman

Now Littleflurry and I have heard all kinds of dumb comments when people find out we are child free by choice.  Trust me we've heard them all.  One of the dumbest comments is, "well god expects everyone to have children."  My response to  this is to say, "So you're telling me that this god of yiours who supposedly loves and cares for all human kind expects people to have kids weather they want them or not?"  Really does not make this god seem very loving or caring to expect people who have no interest in having kids to have them and makes god seem rather selfish.  Not the kind of god I'd chose to believe in.  To the people who use this stupid argument I'd suggest they turn the news on once in a whle and see how some people treat and neglect their kids.  Or just walk in to any Walmart and see how many people don't even pay attention to what their kids are doing.  Obviously there are plenty of people who should not be having kids.

If there really is a god and I don't believe there is but let's say there is just for the sake of argument, I believe it would expect people to make up their own minds about having kids.   One thing I have noticed from reading the bible, yes I'm an atheist but I have read it,   The god of the bible seems to only think of himself and does not really seem to care about what humans think or feel.  Not the kind of god I'd chosse to believe in.


No comments: