Saturday, June 16, 2012

Why do stores insist on having their over head music so loud

Posted by Zman

I don't know about you but one thing that irks me is when you walk in to a store or restaurant and they have the music so loud you can't hear yourself think.  My wife went in to our local Staples and Menards on Tuesday and both paces had the music so loud  my wife and I had to keep asking each other what the other one said and we were walking right next to each other.    I wonder if businesses realize how annoying that is to their customers.  Same goes for restaurants  I can't tell you how many times we have gone out to eat and the music is so loud it is impossible to carry on a conversation and if you're out with a group, forget about hearing anyone else at the table.  Also makes it hard to enjoy your meal when you have music blaring in your ear.  Now I like loud music as much as the next person but when I'm out and I think most people will agree, music should be back ground.  It should add to the experience not be so loud that you have to yell at the person next to you so they can hear you.

No comments: